6.30.2010

Quick update

Just a quick update that postings may not be as frequent for the next couple months.  Between the holiday weekend, weddings, and a couple trips out of town / out of the state, I will not have much time to update.  Fear not, however, because I plan to resume in full force in late August, with more analytical posts and sketch ideas similar to the recent post from 6/16, which I have really enjoyed doing. I will continue to update when major Corridor news happens, and am planning to finally launch the photos page in July.

In early August, I will be driving with my girlfriend to Florida and am excited for the trip.  Excluding Florida, I have never been to the Deep South so it should be a new experience for me.  Most of the time will be spent in the Orlando area, but we also plan to visit St. Augustine, Atlanta, Chattanooga, and perhaps Birmingham or Montgomery.  St. Augustine is the oldest European-settled city in the United States, first settled in 1565.  It is a beautiful place with a high concentration of Spanish-influenced architecture and urban design, so I will be sure to take plenty of pictures.  As is such, I will not be posting any updates from August 6th through August 15th while I am on vacation.

On another note, Urban Corridor has received much more traffic than I was initially expecting.  While 3/4 of the visitors have been from Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin, other visitors hail from all corners of the United States and even a few worldwide locales. I just want to send a quick thank you to everyone that has taken the time to visit; it's great to see some shared interest in Corridor planning and design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment